It's not easy to say goodbye to cherished pets, even those that have lived long, happy lives. Although you may hate the thought of life without your pet, euthanasia can be the kindest decision you ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Stormy is a 4 year old female spayed Catahoula that came in to our Emergency Department after she ingested a large amount of chocolate fudge brownie mix that also contained peanut butter M&Ms. Stormy’s owner rushed her in so that she could be treated immediately with intravenous medication to induce vomiting. She was only able to produce a small amount after the medication was given, so because of her weight and the potential of being a lethal dose of chocolate, Stormy was admitted to our hospital for further treatment. While in the hospital, Stormy received IV fluids, activated charcoal, GI medications, and ECG monitoring. Stormy made a full recovery because of her owner’s knowledge of the severity of chocolate toxicity causing her to be proactive about her therapy. Stormy is now back at home with her family of both 4 legged siblings, as well as her 2 legged little sister (who made the treats with her family, and sadly only got the opportunity to eat half of a brownie while Stormy enjoyed the rest!) Stormy was a fantastic patient that is a lover of belly rubs and will literally smile on command!