The Internal Medicine section at Sugar Land Veterinary Specialists includes two board-certified internists, Dr. Emily Medici and Dr. Jennifer Garcia. Our IM section is available five days a week to ensure we're here when you need us most.
Our internists are certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM). Veterinary Internal Medicine is a specialty which involves the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of diseases and conditions affecting any of the body’s internal systems. Veterinary internists often treat patients with chronic, severe, or unusual conditions that may require advanced diagnostics and specialized treatment plans.
The board–certified specialists at SLVS operate as an extension of the family veterinarian's care and will work as a collaborative team to provide the highest quality patient care. Our internists can help you with a variety of puzzling and complex internal medicine cases such as:
- Hepatic and/or biliary system disorders
- Acute or chronic renal disease
- Complicated endocrine issues
- Immune-mediated disorders
- Atypical infectious diseases
- Upper and lower airway diseases or pulmonary parenchymal disease
- Pancreatic or intestinal disease
- Conditions which require intensive care and management
Services offered in internal medicine:
- In-house laboratory capabilities
- Endoscopic foreign body retrieval
- Bronchoscopy/ bronchoalveolar lavage
- Bone marrow evaluation
- Ultrasound guided biopsy/aspirates
- Transfusion therapy
- Feeding tube placement
Patient with a feeding tube
An integral part of our internal medicine team includes our group of highly skilled technicians. With years of experience in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, they help us provide the best care possible for our patients.